Monday, June 6, 2011

I'm Certified! (or maybe certifiable?)

On May 26th, I had the good fortune to attend a Copic certification class in Eden Prairie, MN taught by the fabulous Debbie Olson and Lori Craig. I've been dabbling in copic coloring for a little over a year now and have taught a couple of basic copic coloring classes, but this was a great opportunity to learn more in depth information and also to ask questions of the "experts".

Here's an example of the coloring skills we tried out in the class. The flowers here were colored using the feathering technique for blending, taking two tones and meeting them in the middle. We also had a chance to work with the airbrush system and try coloring on different types of paper including glossy and vellum, all of which was new to me.

Here's a picture of me with the fabulous Debbie Olson, who is sweet as pie!



And here I am with Lori Craig, equally sweet as pie! Special thanks to Lori for helping me with my "hair" coloring!



And here I am at the end of class - I'm certified! (or some may say certifiable)




The key to getting good results from Copics is to PRACTICE. So I've been doing just that in spare moments here and there. And with the added knowledge I received from taking the class, I am enjoying the process much more because I'm seeing good results.



This image is from Pure Innocence for MFT. I especially like how the shading turned out on her pants, and the rosy cheeks turned out pretty good as well.




I am totally in love with these stamps from Belles 'n Whistles. I scoured the internet to find the sleeping Eden image in stock and I'm so enjoying coloring in this little cutie.








And here is little Eden with her teddy bear.



There you have it, a peek at what has been consuming my spare crafty moments. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some more coloring to do...

No comments:

Post a Comment