Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink July 2012 Blog Hop

It's July 25th, and that means it's time for the monthly Papertrey Ink Blog Hop!  It has been a VERY long time since I have played along and I'm so glad I made the time to get inky.  


The challenge this month is to use a floral set and the inspiration photo/colors below to create your project.  
Blog-hop-inspiration
My PTI cardstock variety pack came in very handy for this as Melon Berry and Berry Sorbet had never really been on my radar.  Guess what's going in my cart when I order next? ;)  I'm very pleased with this combination of colors and how my finished card came together.

I stamped the triple rose image from Life is Sweet (new favorite set!) with Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, and Berry Sorbet ink.  The leaves are stamped with Simply Chartreuse, I just stamped off the base of the leaves before stamping on my die cut so I would still be able to use the highlight stamp.  This set is so easy to use and creates the most delicious images.  LOVE!  I used the Cane Impression Plate on white to give texture to the background of my card and mounted it on a base of Melon Berry cardstock.  I used Mat Stack #4 and Layerz Mat Stack #4 to make an anchor for my sentiment and embellishment, cut from SS White and Bitty Dot Melon Berry.  I tied it all together (pun intended!) with some Harvest Gold satin ribbon.

I hope you like my card!  You can check out other entries in the blog hop by going to Nichole Heady's blog HERE.  Happy Wednesday!

Recipe (all products from Papertrey Ink unless noted):
Life is Sweet stamp set and coordinating dies; Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, Melon Berry, Berry Sorbet, and Simply Chartreuse Premium Dye Ink; Cane impression plate; Mat Stack #4 and Layerz Mat Stack #4 dies; Harvest Gold satin ribbon; 2009 Bitty Dot Basics patterned paper pack (Melon Berry); Stamper's Select White and Melon Berry cardstock; Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jen!! Love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I love the blooms on the textured background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous. I'm pinning so I can make one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card!!! Love, love, love your flowers and the impressed background is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! You may have just talked me into those roses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! Love the color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jen, this is beautiful! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. Love the roses too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a gorgeous card. The combination you chose to stamp the roses looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jen, this gorgeous ~ love your stamped roses!

    ReplyDelete