Friday, August 12, 2011

Make It Monday: Copic Striped Ribbon - Take 2

This weekend the son of one of my cousin's is getting married. They're having a sort of non-traditional on the farm wedding, so I wanted to make a non-traditional card for them. I was also thinking about different ways to use custom Copic striped ribbon for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday tutorial. And a lightbulb went on in my head: it would be really cool to try to make a rainbow with ribbon. So I did!




I used seam binding ribbon and instead of leaving white space between my stripes, I lined them right up next to each other. The beauty of using seam binding was that the color bled ever so slightly together, just like a real rainbow. I added score tape to the ribbon once it was colored and pleated it while I adhered it to the card piece. I think machine stitched 3 times up and down the rainbow to hold it all in place and add an extra textural element.


The background was stamped using the clouds from Up, Up & Away stamped in Fresh Snow on Spring Rain cardstock. I used selective inking on the sentiment from Up, Up & Away Sentiments so that it fit nicely in the corner of the card. I die cut the largest balloon image, stamped, and colored with Copics. It was adhered with pop dots over the rainbow. I then attached the piece to an Enchanted Evening card base.


I'm very happy with the end result, the rainbow ribbon turned out even better than I had imagined. I hope the happy couple enjoys it and wish them a lifetime of happiness.


Thanks for stopping by!



Supplies: Cardstock - Papertrey Ink Stampers Select White, Enchanted Evening, Spring Rain; Stamps - Papertrey Ink Up, Up & Away and Up, Up & Away Sentiments; Die - Papertrey Ink; Ink - Papertrey ink True Black, Fresh Snow; Markers - Copic; Ribbon - Tim Holtz; Thread - Coats & Clark


No comments:

Post a Comment