Sunday, July 3, 2011

Double Duty Card: Summer Card Camp '11 and Make It Monday

I think Card Camp was definitely a good thing for me, I'm inspired and making time for creativity again. Pair camp with Make It Monday challenges at Papertrey Ink, and you've got inspiration overload!

Here's another card that I made that uses the color combo from Card Camp and the reverse polaroid technique from Make It Monday. I masked off the center of my Stampers Select White card base and used the same 4 Twinkling H2O colors from my first Camp card to create the frame. This time, however, I watercolored the whole thing first with the light teal color and then went over it with the pink, purple, and orange colors. After it had a chance to dry, I took my Spring Rain PTI ink spot and colored the center with direct to paper inking. I like how swirling the ink on the paper helped leave light spots for a cloudy effect. I then stamped the paper airplane, trail, and sentiment with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Just a sweet, simple card.

I can't wait to see what the week 2 color combo will be - I hope I find it as inspiring as the first!

No comments:

Post a Comment