Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fabulously Inky Friday Night

Yesterday after work I headed over to my friend Jenny's house for an evening of fun and crafts. I brought along some of my newest stamp sets from Papertrey Ink to play with and managed to get several cards done.

This first card is my favorite. I used Mehndi Medallion and sentiment from Gracious Vases. I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and Jenni Bowlin Cough Syrup (red) inks on kraft cardstock. I think it looks just perfect on the PTI Smokey Shadow card base.

For this card I used the 2010 Anniversary set, Botanical Silhouettes. I used Jenni Bowlin Cough Syrup for the flowers and Candy Stick (green) for the foliage, and PTI Summer Sunrise for the flower centers. Pure Poppy and Lemon Tart cardstock, and some Hero Arts gems finished this one off.

I made this card using the "reverse Polaroid" technique shown by Nichole Heady in this week's Make It Monday video tutorial. I masked off an off center rectangle on kraft cardstock and first used PTI Vintage Cream ink to make the first layer of color for the "frame" and then went over it with my finger which I dipped in Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink. I stamped the zebra from Its a Jungle Out There using PTI Fresh Snow and Memento Tuxedo Black inks. The sentiment is stamped with PTI Dark Chocolate ink. My card base is Smokey Shadow cardstock, matted with a rectangle of Dotty Biscotti patterned paper. I wrapped button twine along the folded side, and added some e. line pearls to the focal point piece. I'm really happy with how this one turned out.
And speaking of Make It Monday techniques, I really wanted to try this one the week it went up but just didn't find the time. So, I got out the UTEE and tried my hand at faux cracked glass. I used the new Daydreamer stamp set on kraft cardstock and added 3 layers of UTEE. After a while in the freezer, I cracked it and rubbed Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink into the cracks. I used two colors of Distressed Dots patterned paper on a background of Scarlet Jewel cardstock, and again wrapped on some of my beloved button twine. I added two stacked wood buttons that Jenny gave me to finish it off.
And this clean and simple card showcases Gracious Vases. I stamped the dotted lines from Mat Stack 1 Collection as a "ledge" for the vases to sit on. I then added a trio of vases stamped in Terracotta Tile and Summer Sunrise PTI inks with flowers and stems stamped in Orange Zest, Ripe Avocado, and Dark Chocolate. Add the sentiment in True Black and Dark Chocolate and three e. line pearls in graduated sizes and voila!

I also made a couple of other cards, which you can see in my Summer Card Camp '11: Week 1 post below. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you were busy. All of these are beautiful. Not sure which is my favorite, but I think it's one with Botanical Silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've gotten quite a bit of crafting time in!! Wow! Beautiful cards. My favoties is the first one. I love the inks and especially the colors you used!!

    ReplyDelete